List of Occupations Requiring Labour Market TestingLabour Market Testing may be required when applying for a 457 Nomination in the following occupations.
Exemptions to Labour Market TestingEven if the occupation is on the LMT list, exemptions from labour market testing apply where:
- The applicant is a citizen of Chile or Thailand, or a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand or South Korea;
- Where the employee already works for an associated entity of the sponsor in Chile, New Zealand or an ASEAN country (Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand or Vietnam);
- Where the employee has worked full time for the nominating business for the last 2 years;
- Where the business operates in a WTO member country and is seeking to sponsor senior management staff to work in Australia; or
- Where workers are required to respond to a major disaster
- ESOL: the list for Employer Sponsored Subclass 457 and Employer Nomination Scheme Direct Entry (ENS Subclass 186) visas
- RSMSOL: the list for Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visas
- MLTSSL: the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) for 457 visas
- LMT: whether Labour Market Testing is required for 457 visas
Please call our Corporate Hotline on +61 2 9230 0488 to ask how Acacia can assist you with sponsoring employees.