Chief Executive or Managing Director - ANZSCO 111111
- Determines, formulates and reviews the general policy program and the overall direction of an organisation within the framework established by a board of directors or similar governing body.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Chief Executive Officer
- Executive Director
- Secretary (Government Department) (Aus)
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - (a) the position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD180,001; and
(b) if the person is to be transferred to fill the position--the transfer is not an intra corporate transfer to which an international trade obligation applies.
Group: 1111 Chief Executives and Managing Directors
- determine, formulate and review the general policy programs and the overall direction of organisations within the framework established by boards of directors and similar governing bodies.
- determining objectives, strategies, policies and programs for organisations
- providing overall direction and management to organisations
- authorising material, human and financial resources to implement organisational policies and programs
- monitoring and evaluating performance of organisations against organisational objectives and strategies
- consulting with senior subordinate staff and reviewing recommendations and reports
- preparing, or arranging for the preparation of, reports, budgets and forecasts and presenting them to governing bodies
- representing the organisation at official occasions, in negotiations, at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums, and liaising between areas of responsibility
- selecting, or approving the selection of senior staff
- ensuring the organisation complies with company laws and other relevant legislation
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group