Fruit or Nut Grower - ANZSCO 121213
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow fruit and nuts.
- Skill Level
- Market Gardener (Fruit) (Aus)
- Olive Grower
- Occupation Lists
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
Group: 1212 Crop Farmers
plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to grow crops.
- planning and coordinating the production and marketing of crops, such as grain, cotton, sugar cane, fruit and nuts, vegetables, turf and flowers, from soil preparation to harvest taking into account environmental and market factors
- selecting and planting seeds, seedlings and bulbs, and grafting new varieties to root stocks
- maintaining crop production by cultivating, de-budding and pruning, and maintaining optimal growing conditions
- organising and conducting farming operations, such as collecting, storing, grading and packaging produce, and organising the sale, purchase and despatch of produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising and pest and weed control
- maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity, and planning crop preparation and production to meet contract requirements and market demand
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group