Dairy Cattle Farmer - ANZSCO 121313
- Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise dairy cattle for milk, meat and breeding stock.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Dairy Cattle Farm Manager
- Share Dairy Farmer
- Stud Dairy Cattle Farmer
- Dairy Herd Manager (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- Herd Managers are responsible for key aspects of the working day, including running the dairy shed (i.e. milking) and may have responsibility for animal health and other assigned tasks.
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position predominantly involves responsibility for low skilled tasks.
Example 1: Rostering, maintaining records, reception duties and allocating duties to housekeepers, porters or doorpersons.
Example 2: Fruit picking or packing or feeding of livestock or animals.
Example 3: Truck driving.
TSS, ENS - The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 1213 Livestock Farmers
- plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
- monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).