Hotel or Motel Manager - ANZSCO 141311
Organises and controls the operations of a hotel or motel to provide guest accommodation, meals and other services. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Duty Manager (Hotel)
- Resort Manager
- Occupation Lists
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- DIAC Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 1413 Hotel and Motel Managers
organise and control the operations of hotels and motels to provide guest accommodation, meals and other services.
- directing and overseeing reservation, reception, room service and housekeeping activities
- supervising security arrangements, and garden and property maintenance
- planning and supervising bar, restaurant, function and conference activities
- observing liquor, gaming, and other laws and regulations
- assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction
- overseeing accounting and purchasing activities
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- may provide guests with local tourism information, and arrange tours and transportation
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group