Conference and Event Organiser - ANZSCO 149311
- Organises and coordinates services for conferences, events, functions, banquets and seminars.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Event Manager
- Event Planner
- Exhibition Organiser
- Wedding Coordinator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
TSS, ENS - The position is in a business that has an annual turnover of less than AUD1,000,000.
Group: 1493 Conference and Event Organisers
- organise and coordinate services for conferences, events, functions, banquets and seminars.
- promoting conferences, conventions and trade shows to potential customers
- responding to inquiries concerning services provided and costs for room and equipment hire, catering and related services
- meeting with clients to discuss their needs and outlining package options to meet these needs
- arranging and coordinating services, such as conference facilities, catering, signage, displays, audiovisual equipment, accommodation, transport and social events, for participants
- organising registration of participants
- negotiating the type and costs of services to be provided within budget
- overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group