Financial Investment Adviser - ANZSCO 222311
- Develops and implements financial plans for individuals or organisations, and advises on investment strategies and their taxation implications, securities, insurance, pension plans and real estate. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Financial Planning Adviser
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2223 Financial Investment Advisers and Managers
- develop financial plans for individuals and organisations, and invest and manage funds on their behalf.
- interviewing prospective clients to determine financial status and objectives, discussing financial options and developing financial plans and investment strategies
- monitoring investment performance, and reviewing and revising investment plans based on modified needs and changes in markets
- recommending and arranging insurance cover for clients
- arranging to buy and sell stocks and bonds for clients
- advising on investment strategies, sources of funds and the distribution of earnings
- setting financial objectives, and developing and implementing strategies for achieving the financial objectives
- managing funds raised from personal superannuation savings policies and unit trusts
- assisting in meeting superannuation compliance requirements
- directing the collection of financial, accounting and investment information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts and statutory returns
- may refer clients to other organisations to obtain services outlined in financial plans
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group