Librarian - ANZSCO 224611
- Develops, organises and manages library services such as collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Acquisitions Librarian
- Audiovisual Librarian
- Children's Librarian
- Corporate Librarian
- Legal Librarian
- Multicultural Services Librarian
- Parliamentary Librarian
- Reference Librarian
- Special Librarian
- Special Needs Librarian
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2246 Librarians
develop, organise and manage library services such as collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services.
Teacher-Librarians are excluded from this unit group. Teacher-Librarians are included in Minor Group 241 School Teachers.
- developing and implementing library and information policies and services
- examining publications and materials, interviewing publishers' representatives, and consulting with others to select library materials
- reviewing, evaluating and modifying services in response to user needs
- providing assistance to clients in accessing library resources
- managing library systems for recording and organising library holdings, acquisitions and purchases, reader registrations and loan transactions, and supervising indexing, filing and retrieval activities
- managing inter-library loan systems and information networks
- undertaking information research activities on behalf of clients
- selecting, ordering, classifying and cataloguing library and information resources
- monitoring collection development and culling programs
- supervising and training other library staff
- may plan and direct library promotion and outreach activities
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group