Marketing Specialist - ANZSCO 225113
- Identifies market opportunities and advises on the development, coordination and implementation of plans for pricing and promoting an organisation's goods and services.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Marketing Consultant
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Officer
- Brand Manager
- Category Manager
- Product Manager
- Sales Promotion Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
TSS, ENS - The position:
(a) is based in a front line retail setting; or
(b) predominantly involves direct client transactional interaction on a regular basis.
TSS, ENS - The position is in a business that has an annual turnover of less than AUD1,000,000.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2251 Advertising and Marketing Professionals
- develop and coordinate advertising strategies and campaigns, determine the market for new goods and services, and identify and develop market opportunities for new and existing goods and services.
- planning, developing and organising advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advising executives and clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, creating consumer awareness and effectively promoting the attributes of goods and services
- coordinating production of advertising campaigns involving specialised activities, such as artwork, copywriting, media scripting, television and film production and media placement, within time and budget constraints
- analysing data regarding consumer patterns and preferences
- interpreting and predicting current and future consumer trends
- researching potential demand and market characteristics for new goods and services and collecting and analysing data and other statistical information
- supporting business growth and development through the preparation and execution of marketing objectives, policies and programs
- commissioning and undertaking market research to identify market opportunities for new and existing goods and services
- advising on all elements of marketing such as product mix, pricing, advertising and sales promotion, selling, and distribution channels
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group