Electrical Engineer - ANZSCO 233311
- Designs, develops and supervises the manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment, machines and systems for the generation, distribution, utilisation and control of electric power. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Railway Signalling Engineer
- Signalling and Communications Engineer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Engineers Australia
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2333 Electrical Engineers
- design, develop and supervise the manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment, machines and systems for the generation, distribution, utilisation and control of electric power.
- planning and designing power stations and power generation equipment
- determining the type and arrangement of circuits, transformers, circuit-breakers, transmission lines and other equipment
- developing products such as electric motors, components, equipment and appliances
- interpreting specifications, drawings, standards and regulations relating to electric power equipment and use
- organising and managing resources used in the supply of electrical components, machines, appliances and equipment
- establishing delivery and installation schedules for machines, switchgear, cables and fittings
- supervising the operation and maintenance of power stations, transmission and distribution systems and industrial plants
- designing and installing control and signalling equipment for road, rail and air traffic
- may specialise in research in areas such as power generation and transmission systems, transformers, switchgear and electric motors, telemetry and control systems
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group