Acupuncturist - ANZSCO 252211
Treats disorders and illnesses by stimulating the body's defence mechanisms through inserting fine needles into the skin. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Occupation Lists
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Chinese Medicine Board of Australia
- Regional for 457 Applications
- There is no regional restriction for 457 visa applications for this occupation.
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2522 Complementary Health Therapists
treat patients with physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs by considering the whole person rather than focusing on specific symptoms and by using various therapies, techniques and practices.
- assessing patients to determine the nature of the disorder, illness, problem or need by questioning, examining and observing
- developing and implementing treatment plans using applications such as acupuncture, homoeopathic and herbal medicine, and dance, drama, hypnotic and music therapies
- evaluating and documenting patients' progress through treatment plans
- providing dietary and lifestyle advice and guidelines
- prescribing natural medicines, such as herbal, mineral and animal extracts, to stimulate the body's capacity for self-healing
- Skill Level
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group