Acupuncturist - ANZSCO 252211
- Treats disorders and illnesses by stimulating the body's defence mechanisms through inserting fine needles into the skin. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Chinese Medicine Board of Australia
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position is a clerical, bookkeeper or accounting clerk position.
TSS, ENS - The position is in a business that has an annual turnover of less than AUD1,000,000.
TSS, ENS - The position is in a business that has fewer than 5 employees.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2522 Complementary Health Therapists
- treat patients with physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs by considering the whole person rather than focusing on specific symptoms and by using various therapies, techniques and practices.
- assessing patients to determine the nature of the disorder, illness, problem or need by questioning, examining and observing
- developing and implementing treatment plans using applications such as acupuncture, homoeopathic and herbal medicine, and dance, drama, hypnotic and music therapies
- evaluating and documenting patients' progress through treatment plans
- providing dietary and lifestyle advice and guidelines
- prescribing natural medicines, such as herbal, mineral and animal extracts, to stimulate the body's capacity for self-healing
- Skill Level
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.