Resident Medical Officer - ANZSCO 253112
- Diagnoses, treats and prevents human physical and mental disorders and injuries under the supervision of medical specialists or senior general practitioners. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Medical Intern
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS, 494 - A current health workforce certificate for the position and the occupation has not been presented to the Department.
Group: 2531 General Practitioners and Resident Medical Officers
- diagnose and treat physical and mental illnesses, disorders and injuries, recommend preventative action and refer patients to specialist Medical Practitioners, other health care workers, and social, welfare and support workers.
- conducting examinations and questioning patients to determine the nature of disorders and illnesses, and recording patients' medical information
- ordering laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures, and interpreting findings to assist in diagnosis
- providing overall care for patients, and prescribing and administering treatments, medications and other remedial measures
- monitoring patients' progress and response to treatment
- advising on diet, exercise and other habits which aid prevention and treatment of disease and disorders
- referring patients to, and exchanging medical information with, specialist Medical Practitioners
- reporting births, deaths and notifiable diseases to government authorities
- arranging the admission of patients to hospitals
- Skill Level
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least one year of hospital-based training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group