Rheumatologist - ANZSCO 253323
- Investigates, diagnoses and treats diseases, injuries and deficiencies of human joints, muscles and soft tissue. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Occupation Lists
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
- Skilled Independent 189 and Family Sponsored 489 Occupations List (IFSOL)
- State/Territory Sponsored 190 and 489 Occupations List (STNOL)
- Employer Sponsored 457 and ENS Occupations List (ESOL)
- RSMS Occupations List
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Medical Board of Australia
- Regional for 457 Applications
- There is no regional restriction for 457 visa applications for this occupation.
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2533 Specialist Physicians
- diagnose and treat internal human disorders and diseases using specialist testing, diagnostic and medical techniques. Medical Registrars training as Specialist Physicians are included in this unit group.
- examining patients to determine the nature and extent of problems after referral from General Medical Practitioners and other medical specialists, and undertaking laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures
- analysing test results and other medical information to make diagnoses
- prescribing and administering drugs, and remedial and therapeutic treatment and procedures
- recording medical information and data
- reporting specified contagious and notifiable diseases to government health and immigration authorities
- may admit or refer patients to hospitals
- may consult other medical specialists
- Skill Level
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 253311 Specialist Physician (General Medicine)
- 253312 Cardiologist
- 253313 Clinical Haematologist
- 253314 Medical Oncologist
- 253315 Endocrinologist
- 253316 Gastroenterologist
- 253317 Intensive Care Specialist
- 253318 Neurologist
- 253321 Paediatrician
- 253322 Renal Medicine Specialist
- 253323 Rheumatologist
- 253324 Thoracic Medicine Specialist
- 253399 Specialist Physicians nec