Nurse Manager - ANZSCO 254311
- Manages a health service unit or sub-unit of a hospital, aged care or community health care facility, supervises nursing staff and financial resources to enable the provision of safe, cost effective nursing care within a specified field or for a particular unit, and monitors quality, clinical standards and professional development of nurses. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Charge Nurse
- Nurse Supervisor
- Nurse Unit Manager
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2543 Nurse Managers
manage health service units and sub-units of hospitals, aged care and community health care facilities, supervise nursing staff and financial resources to enable the provision of safe, cost effective nursing care within specified fields or for particular units, and monitor quality, clinical standards and professional development of nurses.
Directors of Nursing are excluded from this unit group. Directors of Nursing are included in Unit Group 1342 Health and Welfare Services Managers.
- developing, implementing and monitoring policies and objectives of nursing care as they apply to units, staff and community groups
- coordinating the allocation of human and material resources for a health service unit such as recruitment of staff, human resource management, preparation of budgets and fiscal management
- monitoring and controlling the performance of nursing and support staff within the unit, and providing leadership
- initiating studies to evaluate the effectiveness of nursing services in the unit in relation to objectives, costs and nursing care
- promoting working relationships with community agencies and health and education providers
- contributing to organisational objectives in relation to quality, safety and risk management
- Skill Level
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group