Barrister - ANZSCO 271111
Pleads cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Queen's Counsel
- Senior Counsel (Aus)
- Occupation Lists
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Regional for 457 Applications
- There is no regional restriction for 457 visa applications for this occupation.
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2711 Barristers
plead cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals.
- receiving written information in the form of briefs and verbal instructions concerning cases from Solicitors, other specialist Legal Professionals and clients
- providing advice and written opinions on points of law
- conferring with clients and witnesses in preparation for court proceedings
- drawing up pleadings, affidavits and other court documents
- researching statutes and previous court decisions relevant to cases
- outlining the facts to the court, calling and questioning witnesses, and making addresses to the court to argue a client's case
- providing opinion on complex legal issues
- may draw up or settle documents
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group