Solicitor - ANZSCO 271311
Provides legal advice, prepares and drafts legal documents, and conducts negotiations on behalf of clients on matters associated with the law. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Occupation Lists
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Regional for 457 Applications
- There is no regional restriction for 457 visa applications for this occupation.
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2713 Solicitors
provide legal advice, prepare and draft legal documents, and conduct negotiations on behalf of clients on matters associated with the law.
- interviewing clients to determine the nature of problems, and recommending and undertaking appropriate legal action
- preparing cases for court by conducting investigations, undertaking research, arranging witness preparation and attendance, and giving notice of court actions
- representing clients in court
- managing conveyancing and other property matters by preparing contracts of sale, mortgage documents, lease documents and other documents relating to the transfer of land and buildings
- preparing and critically reviewing contracts between parties
- preparing wills
- providing advice on family law, company law, partnerships, commercial law and trusts
- may act as trustee or guardian
- may act as executor of clients' wills
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group