Hardware Technician - ANZSCO 313111
- Supports and maintains computer systems and peripherals by installing, configuring, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing hardware.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 3131 ICT Support Technicians
- provide support for the deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and web technology and the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems.
- determining software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems
- responding to inquiries about software and hardware problems
- adapting existing programs to meet users' requirements
- installing and downloading appropriate software
- ensuring efficient use of applications and equipment
- implementing computer networks
- designing and maintaining websites
- repairing and replacing peripheral equipment such as terminals, printers and modems
- may work in a call centre
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.