Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic - ANZSCO 342111
- Assembles, installs, maintains and repairs industrial, commercial and domestic airconditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 3421 Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics
- assemble, install, maintain and repair industrial, commercial and domestic airconditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment.
- establishing job requirements from drawings and specifications, and laying out installation reference points
- drilling holes, installing mounting brackets and cutting, bending and threading piping
- installing and repairing components such as compressors, motors, condensers, evaporators, switches and gauges, and copper lines for steam, gas, refrigerant, compressed air, oil and chilled water
- bolting, soldering, riveting, welding and brazing pipes to connect equipment, and checking alignment and accuracy of fit
- filling systems with gas or fluid to check for leaks
- test-operating refrigeration systems, checking mechanisms and making adjustments
- removing test gas and fluid using vacuum pumps, and filling with refrigerant
- checking and overhauling refrigeration systems, diagnosing faults and repairing and replacing defective components
- adjusting system controls and mechanisms and reassembling systems
- recording causes of malfunctioning and action taken
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group