Pastrycook - ANZSCO 351112
- Prepares and bakes buns, cakes, biscuits and pastry goods.
- Skill Level
- Cake Decorator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position relates to mass or standardised production (as opposed to specialist production), including the following:
(a) a position based in a franchise or factory;
(b) a position that:
(i) involves full or partial production of food product for distribution to another location; or
(ii) predominantly involves the use of pre prepared food product from another location.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 3511 Bakers and Pastrycooks
- prepare and bake bread loaves and rolls, buns, cakes, biscuits and pastry goods.
- checking the cleanliness of equipment and operation of premises before production runs to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- checking the quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients
- kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough and pastry goods
- preparing pastry fillings
- monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance to determine baking times
- coordinating the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning and cooling of batches of bread, rolls and pastry products
- glazing buns and pastries, and decorating cakes with cream and icing
- operating machines which roll and mould dough and cut biscuits
- emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group