Florist - ANZSCO 362111
- Prepares and sells floral arrangements.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 3621 Florists
- prepare and sell floral arrangements.
- planning and designing floral arrangements
- arranging supply and storage of flowers, greenery, decorations and other items
- treating flowers to extend their life
- selecting, trimming and arranging flowers and other materials
- packing, wrapping, and attaching message cards to, and organising delivery of, completed arrangements
- serving customers and accepting payments
- advising customers on the selection of flowers and floral arrangements
- may decorate hotels, churches, halls and other facilities for special events
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group