Nurseryperson - ANZSCO 362411
Propagates and cultivates trees, shrubs, and ornamental and flowering plants in a plant nursery.
- Skill Level
- Occupation Lists
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- DIAC Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 3624 Nurserypersons
propagate and cultivate trees, shrubs, and ornamental and flowering plants in plant nurseries.
- preparing potting media and containers before planting
- selecting seeds, bulbs and cuttings, and planting them in beds, lawn areas and tubs
- budding and grafting vegetative material onto root stock
- watering plants manually and controlling automatic watering operations
- applying pesticides to control pests, diseases, weeds and nutritional and environmental plant disorders
- keeping records of soil mixtures, plantings, treatments, losses and yields
- selecting plants and packaging them for presentation and delivery
- advising customers on plant care and appropriate plants for local conditions
- may plan sales area layouts and visual merchandise presentation
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group