Child Care Worker - ANZSCO 421111
Provides care and supervision for children in programs, such as long day care and occasional care, in childcare centres, hospitals and educational centres. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Child Care Group Leader (Aus) (Skill Level 2)
- Children's Nursery Assistant
- Creche Attendant
- Early Childhood Worker
- Occupation Lists
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
Group: 4211 Child Carers
provide care and supervision for children in residential homes and non-residential childcare centres.
- assisting in the preparation of materials and equipment for children's education and recreational activities
- managing children's behaviour and guiding children's social development
- preparing and conducting activities for children
- entertaining children by reading and playing games
- supervising children in recreational activities
- supervising the daily routine of children
- supervising the hygiene of children
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group