Aged or Disabled Carer - ANZSCO 423111
Provides general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged or disabled people in their own homes.
- Skill Level
Note: some roles within this occupation are at ANZSCO Skill Level 3.
- Alternative Titles
- Aged or Disabled Care Worker
- Personal Carer
- Personal Care Worker
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4231 Aged and Disabled Carers
provide general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged and disabled persons in their own homes.
- accompanying aged and disabled persons during daily activities
- assisting clients with their mobility
- preparing food for clients
- arranging social activities
- performing housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming and cleaning
- assisting in personal hygiene and dressing
- providing companionship, friendship and emotional support
- may do shopping and run errands
- may live in with the person
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Note: some roles within this unit group are at ANZSCO Skill Level 3.
- Occupations in this Group