Therapy Aide - ANZSCO 423314
Assists therapists in providing therapy programs and in the direct care of their patients in a variety of health, welfare and community settings. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Diversional Therapist's Assistant
- Occupational Therapist's Assistant
- Physiotherapist's Assistant
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4233 Nursing Support and Personal Care Workers
provide assistance, support and direct care to patients in a variety of health, welfare and community settings.
- assisting patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assisting patients with their mobility and communication needs
- participating in planning the care of individuals
- following therapy plans such as interventions to assist those with dementia and behavioural problems
- observing and reporting changes in patients' condition, and reporting complaints about care
- assisting with rehabilitation exercises, basic treatment and delivering medications
- providing direct support and assistance to therapists
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Note: some roles within this unit group are at ANZSCO Skill Level 3.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group