Hotel Service Manager - ANZSCO 431411
Supervises and coordinates the activities of hotel service workers.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Front Office Manager (Hotel)
- Head Housekeeper
- Head Porter (Hotel)
- Hotel Concierge
- Hotel Office Manager
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4314 Hotel Service Managers
supervise and coordinate the activities of hotel service workers.
- determining work requirements and allocating duties to Commercial Housekeepers, Luggage Porters and Doorpersons
- conferring with managers to coordinate activities with other organisational units
- maintaining attendance records and rosters
- explaining and enforcing safety regulations
- overseeing the work of the unit and suggesting improvements and changes
- conferring with workers to resolve grievances
- may perform front office and hotel reception duties
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group