Bookkeeper - ANZSCO 551211
Maintains and evaluates records of financial transactions in account books and computerised accounting systems.
- Skill Level
- Financial Administration Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5512 Bookkeepers
maintain and evaluate records of financial transactions in account books and computerised accounting systems.
- keeping financial records, and maintaining and balancing accounts using manual and computerised systems
- monitoring cash flow and lines of credit
- preparing and producing financial statements, budget and expenditure reports and analyses using account books, ledgers and accounting software packages
- preparing invoices, purchase orders and bank deposits
- reconciling accounts against monthly bank statements
- verifying recorded transactions and reporting irregularities to management
- may be required to prepare forms reporting business tax entitlements and obligations such as the amount of goods and services tax paid and collected
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group