Patents Examiner - ASCO 2549-15
Tasks & DutiesInvestigates and reports on patent applications to assess their compliance with the requirements of the Patents Act.
- examines patent applications to assess compliance with the Australian Patents Act
- ensures patent applications do not infringe on previous patents
- searches on-line databases to discover similar patents held in Australia and overseas
- grants patent rights for inventions based on new technology
- reports findings to patent applicants or their legal representatives
- may supervise clerical or other office staff