Checkout Operator - ASCO 8291-11
Warning: This Information on this Page is No Longer Current
Service Station Console Operator
Tasks & Duties
Operates cash registers and receives payments for goods purchased by customers.
receives goods selected by customers, registers and totals prices on cash register
- processes payment for goods by cash, cheques, gift vouchers, credit or debit cards and other non-cash forms of payment
- issues sales dockets and gives change
- counts cash in cash drawer at beginning and end of work shift
- maintains supplies of change, wrapping and other materials used at checkout
- pays out cash for cheques or debit card cash withdrawals
- identifies product for weighing, calculating and recording purchase amount
- may wrap or pack goods sold
- may replace or substitute goods or refund cash for returned goods
Entry Skill Level
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.