ENS Occupations List and Minimum Salary Levels from 1 July 2010
The ENS Occupations list will change as of 1 July 2010.
The new list will be based on ANZSCO rather than the ASCO system of classifying occupations.
In addition, the minimum annual salary level has been increased from 1 July as follows:
- $65,020: Information Technology occupations (up from $61,920)
- $47,480: other occupations (up from $45,220)
There are a number of anomolies with the new list, including:
- Chief Information Officer has a minimum salary of $47,480 rather than $65,020 as expected
- Not all IT occupations are included in the new list
- Not all management occupations are included in the new list (eg CEO is excluded)
The list comes into effect as of 1 July 2010 and will affect nominations lodged on or after this date.
You can view the full ENS Occupations List
on our site.