If you are married to, engaged to, or living in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, your partner may sponsor you for migration to Australia.
The main partner visa options are as follows:
- Partner Visa
Partner visas are for people who are married or in a defacto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible NZ citizen.
This leads to permanent residence, usually over a period of 2 years.
- Fiance (Prospective Marriage) visa
The fiance or prospective marriage visa is a 9-month temporary visa which allows applicants to travel to Australia to marry their Australian partner.
Once married in Australia, you would look at applying for a Partner visa to obtain your permanent residence.
Acacia Immigration Australia understands that it is of the utmost importance that your partner can join you in Australia as quickly as possible.
Acacia's migration agents offer expert advice and have significant experience in dealing with any difficult issues that may arise when applying for partner visas, including:
- Establishing the 12-month cohabitation requirement for defacto partners
- Skipping the usual 2-year waiting period for permanent residence
- Obtaining exemptions for the 12-month cohabitation requirement
- Health waivers where the partner has a serious medical issue
- Situations involving domestic violence
For more insights on Partner visas, check our our webinar schedule
and sign up for the next available free webinar.