Premium Investor Subclass 188D Visas
The Premium Investor visa is a 4 year visa for people willing to make an AUD 15 million investment in Australia.
It is one of the streams within the Subclass 188 Business Innovation and Investment visa.
Duration and Conditions
This is a 4 year temporary visa. Once you have maintained an investment in Australia for 1 year, you can apply for permanent residence through the Business Innovation & Investment (Residence) Subclass 888
Do I Apply in Australia or Overseas?
You can either be in Australia or overseas when you lodge your application.
If you are in Australia
, you must hold a substantive visa or a Bridging A, B or C visa.
Applications can only be lodged online via the SkillSelect system.
Nomination by AusTrade
This visa is only available to applicants who are nominated by AusTrade.
Unlike other business migration categories, there is no upper age limit for this type of visa.
Applicants must make an investment of at least AUD 15 million in a "premium investment" prior to grant of the visa.
A "premium investment" for the purposes of the Premium Investor Visa includes:
- Australian securities exchange listed assets
- Australian government or semi-government bonds or notes
- Corporate bonds or notes issued by an Australian exchange listed entity (or wholly owned subsidiary of the Australian listed entity) or investment grade rated Australian corporate bonds or notes rated by an AFS licenced debt rating agency
- Australian proprietary limited companies
- Real property in Australia excluding residential property
- Deferred annuities issued by Australian registered life companies
- State or territory government approved philanthropic contribution
Business migration can be extremely complex, and even determining whether you have a good chance of qualifying can be difficult. In addition, you may be able to qualify in a number of different business migration categories.
If you would like us to check your likely eligibility for business migration or if you would like us to assist you with your application, you can book a consultation
through our website. We will then provide you with a comprehensive preliminary assessment of your likely eligibility for business migration, and can discuss with you the best way to proceed with your application.