Current Department of Immigration processing times and priorities - June 2009 Acacia Immigration Australia Pty Ltd, 18 June 2009
Currently the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC) and the Brisbane Skilled Processing Centre (BSPC) are processing all general skilled migration visas. Each processing centre is allocated certain subclasses of visas.
ASPC are allocated the following visas:
- Skilled-Independent subclass, 885 paper applications
- Skilled-Sponsored subclass, 886 paper applications
- Skilled-Independent, subclass 175 applications
- Skilled-Sponsored, subclass 176 applications
- Skilled- Regional Sponsored, subclass 475 applications
The ASPC are processing state or territory nominated applications in 10 working days once the Department has received the approval of a nomination from a state or territory authority. They are then processing applications with occupations on the Critical Skills List (CSL) when all state and territory nominated applications have been exhausted.
Visa Subclasses 485, 476, 487 and 887 have not been affected by the priority processing and applications are being processed in the order they are received by the Department of Immigration. Currently, ASPC are processing applications with the following lodgement dates:
- Subclass 485 paper applications lodged on 8 August 2008
- Subclass 476 paper applications lodged on 14 August 2008
- Subclass 476 online applications lodged on 14 August 2008
- Subclass 487 paper applications lodged on 23 March 2009
- Subclass 887 paper applications lodged on 23 March 2009
BSPS are allocated the following visas:
- Skilled-Independent subclass, 885 online applications
- Skilled-Sponsored subclass, 886 online applications
- Skilled-Graduate, subclass 485 online applications
- Skilled-Regional Sponsored, subclass 487 online applications
- Skilled-Regional, subclass 887 online applications
Currently, BSPC are currently processing these visas as follows:
- Subclass 886, state and territory nominated applications with nominations approved in May 2009
- Subclass 885 visa applications with occupations on the CSL received up to the 15th April 2009. This excludes Accountants.
- Subclass 887 visa applications received up to the 15th March 2009
- Subclass 485 visa applications received up to the 30th July 2008
- Subclass 487 visa applications received up to the 1st May 2009
BSPC has suggested that people with applications with a nominated occupation of Accountant and proficient English email them at Brisbane.GSM.Documents@immi.gov.au with the TRN and occupation in the email subject line so they do not miss the application in their weekly allocations.
Source: ASPC and BSPC