Project 190 Launched for NSW State Nomination
By Mark Webster
Tuesday, 23 September 2014
The NSW Government is active in sponsorship of applicants for the Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa. Whilst the 190 visa is very beneficial to applicants, last time NSW opened its program to applications, the places were filled within 30 minutes and many applicants were unable to lodge in time. Acacia has developed Project 190 to maximise the chances of our clients to successfully lodge their 190 nomination.
What is Project 190?Project 190 is a system designed to give Acacia clients the best possible chance of being able to lodge their NSW state nomination applications in the short window which may be available. Project 190 consists of the following steps:
- Prepare NSW 190 Form: as we now know the format of the NSW application form, we assemble all the required information into a single Word document for each client. This makes it very easy to cut and paste the date from the Word document to the NSW online form
- Prepare Attachments: we also know exactly which documents NSW requires for lodgement. We prepare these to be as small as possible to make attaching these as quick and efficient as can be, whilst providing the essential information for NSW to make a positive decision.
- Know the Minute the Program Opens: Acacia has developed a system to let us know the minute the NSW program opens. We then forward through notification via SMS to our clients.
- Lodge the Application: as the program may only be open for minutes, we suggest that clients lodge the application using the draft form and attachment we provide them.
What is a Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 Visa?The Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa is a permanent visa, and allows the holder to live anywhere in the nominating state. Holders are expected to stay in the nominating state for 2 years after grant. Applicants can potentially qualify for a subclass 190 visa by nominating an occupation on the CSOL - this has far more occupations than the SOL which applies to the Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa. Applicants also receive 5 points for state nomination for the 190 visa.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for NSW State Nomination?The main requirements for NSW state nomination are as follows:
- Occupation on NSW List: you must have a skills assessment in an occupation on the approved list for NSW nomination. This includes all SOL occupations, as well as a selection of non-SOL occupations.
- Basic Requirements for 190 visa: you need to meet the threshold requirements for subclass 190 such as age, English language ability etc
- Meet Pass Mark: you must meet the current pass mark for skilled migration - 60 points.
How do I Lodge for NSW State Nomination?Applications for NSW state nomination for subclass 190 must be lodged online. Applicants must complete an online form, pay the application fee of $330 and provide the necessary attachments to evidence their eligibility for subclass 190 through the NSW online portal. NSW has announced that there will be 4 intakes of 1,000 places each in the 2014-15 program year. The schedule for these is planned to be as follows:
- 14 October 2014
- 19 January 2015
- 14 April 2015