State Nomination Update April 2015
By Mark Webster
Tuesday, 07 April 2015
- Places for the Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 and Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 visa have almost been filled for 2014-15 planning year. As a result, there may be some delays in processing.
- NSW has started issuing invitations to certain applicants to apply for nomination for 190 visas
- ACT has closed its subclass 190 nomination program for 2014-15 as it has reached its quota
489 and 190 Places Almost Filled for 2014-15Places for the subclass Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 and Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa categories are almost full for the 2014-15 financial year. As a result, it is likely that only a few visas in these subclasses will be granted until the beginning of the next planning year on 1 July 2015. Any applications which have already been lodged will continue to be processed - it is likely that grant of these will be delayed until after 1 July 2015. It is still possible to apply for a 190 or 489 visa, providing you have received a state nomination.
NSW State Nomination UpdateNSW has started inviting applicants to make nominations for 190 subclass visas. These invitations have been issued to applicants who either:
- Have over 60 points, including the 5 points for NSW nomination
- Have 60 points, and have Proficient English (ie 7 or more in each band of IELTS)
- Have 60 points, and have points for work experience in their nominated occupation