Victoria Reopens State Nomination for IT Professionals
By Natalya Khodan
Tuesday, 06 January 2015
- Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 - a permanent state sponsored visa
- Skilled Regional Provisional Subclass 489 - a 4-year temporary visa leading to permanent residence after 2 years
English RequirementIT professionals are generally required to have Proficient English (minimum 7 in each band of IELTS) for nomination by Victoria. Exemptions to the English language requirement are available in the following circumstances:
- Applicants who have completed a PhD within the past five years.
- People who have worked in their occupation in Victoria for 6 months.
Work Experience RequirementThe work experience requirement for Victoria nomination depends on the occupation. For IT professionals, the usual requirement is 3 years of work experience in the nominated occupation, but for some occupations, a minimum of 5 years is required. Recent PhD graduates are exempt from the work experience requirement.
Are Recent Graduates Eligible?ICT occupations are not on the "recent graduate" list for Victoria. Apart from the above exemptions, all ICT applicants require 3 years or more of work experience to have a good chance of qualifying for nomination by Victoria.
Acacia in MelbourneAcacia will be in Melbourne for consultations with clients on January 14, 2015. To book for a consultation in Melbourne:
- Go to https://www.acacia-au.com/book-immigration-consultation.php
- Click "Schedule an Appointment" icon
- Confirm the time zone. Melbourne falls under the Canberra time zone
- Select "Acacia in Melbourne"
- Click the blue arrow until the week of 12 January is on the screen
- Select a time on 14 January that works for your schedule.