Applying for a Working Holiday VisaIf you're aged between 18 and 30, and from a country with a reciprocal working holiday arrangement with Australia, you can live and work in Australia for up to 12 months.
- You must hold a passport from one of the following countries:
Belgium Canada Cyprus Denmark Estonia Finland France Germany Hong Kong Ireland Italy Japan South Korea Malta Netherlands Norway Sweden Taiwan United Kingdom
- Aged between 18 and 30 inclusive.
- Single or married without children
- You will need to show that:
- Your main reason for coming to Australia is for a holiday, and any work you do is to suppport yourself whilst on holiday
- You have a good chance of finding temporary work to supplement your holiday funds
- You have a return ticket or sufficient funds for a return fare and the first part of your stay; and
- You intend to leave Australia at the end of your authorised stay
How do I apply?You must apply for a working holiday visa from outside Australia. In particular, you can't come to Australia on a visitor/tourist visa and then apply for a working holiday visa. Most applications for working holiday visas are now lodged electronically via the Immigration website.
- The visa allows you to stay in Australia for 12 months, starting from the date of initial entry to Australia.
- You may leave and reenter Australia any number of times during this 12 month period
- You can study or train in Australia for up to 4 months
- You are permitted to work in Australia, but you cannot work for longer than 6 months with any one employer